Assistant Elementary Teacher
Do you love playing outside almost as much as working with youth? This position is an exciting opportunity at a growing and unique charter school in the Grand Junction and Fruita area.
POSITION SUMMARY and EXPECTATIONS
The Elementary Assistant, serving the Elementary Classroom (grades 1-3), assists the Lead Teacher in guiding the children in their Montessori learning. S/he has strong writing skills, and is organized and articulate. The assistant will possess a friendly disposition, demonstrate leadership and emotional maturity, and have a love of learning. Along with the Elementary Lead Teacher, the Elementary Assistant is responsible for maintaining student well-being and safety. The assistant will familiarize themselves with Montessori materials, and will assist the Lead Teacher in making additional materials.
The Elementary Assistant reports to the Elementary Lead Teacher, and has daily meetings with the lead teacher to plan ahead and prepare lessons. S/he will notify the Lead Teacher of any classroom issues, such as behavior, health concerns, equipment needs, repairs, maintenance, etc., and will communicate any concerns expressed by parents to the Lead Teacher. The assistant provides ongoing support and engagement with students in creating and maintaining a non-discriminatory, all-inclusive program with high academic standards and a commitment to social and emotional learning and growth. S/he maintains and fosters constructive interactions with students, parents, and staff. The assistant participates in weekly staff meetings, and will periodically attend school functions and events after regular school hours.
Throughout the school, the Primary Assistant will demonstrate grace and courtesy.
Monument View Montessori is a small public charter school located between Fruita and Grand Junction on Colorado’s Western Slope. Home to the confluence of the Gunnison and Colorado Rivers as well as the Colorado National Monument, Mesa County is home to world class mountain biking, climbing, rafting, fly fishing, and more. Our affordable cost of living and lack of traffic is a stark contrast to the Front Range. MVM is a welcoming and affirming community dedicated to the social, emotional, and academic well being of students, staff, and families.
● Completion of one early childhood education course with a grade of “C” or better, or
● Current early childhood professional Credential Level I Version 1.0 or 2.0 as determined by Colorado Department of Education
● Bachelor’s degree in education, child development, or related field preferred
● 12 months (1,820 hours) verified experience in the care and supervision of 4 or more children less than 6 years of age, who are not related (or completion of two early childhood education courses with grade of “C” or better)
● Experience with Montessori method is preferred but not required.
● CPR/First Aid certification/FEMA training (within 30 days)
● CBI/FBI fingerprint clearance and background check (pre-employment)
● Be physically strong and able to lift at least 50 pounds
● Fluency in Spanish preferable
Opens at $14.00 an hour and commensurate with experience.
Please submit resumes to Nick Zielinski at firstname.lastname@example.org.FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA!