The following position is open as of 7/12/18
Special Education Paraprofessional – Full Time
MONUMENT VIEW MONTESSORI CHARTER SCHOOL | FRUITA, CO
SUMMARY: Work under the direction of the Special Education teacher to provide education and related services to students with disabilities. The position requires the incumbent to lift and support students, change protective clothing, implement behavior management plans, operate adaptive equipment (wheelchairs, etc.) and communicate effectively with students and staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES may include the following. Other duties may be assigned. Regular attendance and timeliness is an essential job function to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Provides instructional support assistance to students and student groups to reinforce and follow-up learning activity.
- Assists in observing and recording behavior patterns and follows appropriate techniques to reinforce acceptable behavior.
- Assists certified educator with the presentation of learning materials and instructional exercise.
- Assists in responsibility for procedures related to physical and medical need.
- Assists students as needed in learning self-care techniques, including toilet training, bathing and personal cleanliness; assist in diapering, toilet training, feeding, and other self-help skills as needed.
- Participates in the development, maintenance, and carrying out of systems for classroom management.
- Guides students in working and interacting harmoniously with other students.
- Supervises students in all areas of the school.
- Other responsibilities may include but not limited to maintenance of the overall appearance of the facility, lunch duty, playground duty, arrival and dismissal of students and all other duties as assign by Administration.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Associates Degree or 48 college credits or Para-professional Certification
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- Cover letter that addresses the required and preferred qualifications
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume
- Copies of unofficial transcripts
Applicants are asked to provide contact information for three professional references to the system who may be contacted for a recommendation if requested. References will not be contacted without prior notification to the applicant.
This position will begin August 1, 2018.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. We also accept nominations and confidential inquiries. Please contact:
Monument View Montessori Charter School is committed to providing an environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based on race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy.