Parent Group Meeting – February 21, 2018
Attendees: Rob Norris, Amanda Sheley
- Pirate Ship: Still not complete. More rails need to be added to increase the border and then additional mulch will need to be added
- MASSIVE School Cleanup: COMPLETE!
- Several families pitched in over the past weekend to clean the school from top to bottom. In addition, a professional cleaner was brought in on Sunday to help.
- Folders: Parents are requesting folders for each child that are put in the children’s backpacks at the end of the day to hold artwork, notices, etc. All of the materials have been purchased. We will present the request to Dena Dickinson for review/approval/implementation
- Business Cards: Idea was nixed. Website can handle
- Clean Up Issues: Since the growth of the school is so vital to the growth of the school, our building will need to be used in many different capacities in addition to classroom functions. In order to keep synergy with all of the groups needing access, the parent group is asking that maps be drawn up showing the desired layout of tables, chairs, shelves, etc.
- March Fundraiser: (details below) We have decided to hold an International Day Pancake Breakfast on 3/24/2018 at 8am (school location)
- Community Service: We were tasked with coming up with some community service ideas and to help implement them. Here are some of the initial ideas tossed around
- Family Health West Nursing Facility – Visits, reading to residents, etc
- Spring Cleanup in coordination with the City of Fruita
- What kinds of opportunities for community service does the Fruita Library have?
- Same for the Rec Center?
- Fruita Co-Op Farm Days – March 10th
- Setup @ 7am
- Co-Op will provide panels
- We will provide a petting zoo
- We will need:
- A canopy
- Mike the Headless Chicken Festival
- June 1 & 2
- We need to start preparations now
March 24th fundraiser:
Pancake Breakfast 8-10 am / Performance 10am
- Gluten-Free Options
- Syrup (Regular & Low Cal)
- Paper plates
- Coffee (Bestslope?)
- Orange Juice
- Adult-size folding chairs
- Setup Crew
- Kids to be waiters (plus waiter type clothes)
- Cooks: Rob is Head Chef, Jesse will be his assistant
- Adults to help kids serve
- Clean-Up Crew (hopefully separate from Setup Crew)
- Boosted Facebook Event
- Request for Sponsors
- Bestslope Coffee
- Maverik? GoFer Gas Station?
- Sam’s Club
- Submit event to Local News
- Submit event to Sentinel
- Large sign from VistaPrint